Thursday, August 12, 2010

Salt Lake City Residence

I can't believe it's concrete!  Can you?!?!?  These projects are so fun for me.  I don't think I could do concrete for a living if I didn't get to do finishes like these as often as I do.  It's also a great pleasure sometimes to work for clients like the resident of this house where we installed these counters and the shower.  They approved color and design samples then just said, "Go for it!  We love your artistic touch - do what you do!"  They have guests in the house often and no one can believe it's concrete.



The counter tops with the built-in sinks, the tombstone shaped shelf and surround in the shower, and the threshold or step into the shower floor are precast, polished concrete.  The shower walls are made with polymer modified concrete overlay materials by Absolute Concrete Colors.  It is all sealed with a water based epoxy.

No comments: